Father Christmas comes to Town
2nd December 2017
On Saturday 2nd December, Father Christmas will be arriving on the high tide at 3pm with a little help from his friends at the RNLI. He’ll be met by the Mayor who will escort him to his Candyland Grotto in the Salvation Army Centre on the Wharf. From 3.30 -5.30pm he’ll be there (with the St Ives Mermaid) to listen to the wishes and dreams of local children.
But that’s not all – it’s SUPER SATURDAY IN ST IVES with traffic-free shopping, refreshments and entertainment for all the family:
- Kids can get started on the popular Town Treasure Hunt with great fun for all and prizes to be won. Closing date 2 January 2018.
- The Shop Window Competition. Who get’s your vote for the People’s Award this year?
- Love St Ives? Learn a little about the story of the town on our fascinating History & Mystery Walk.
- Eat your way round St Ives on the gourmet Food Trail.
- Don’t miss Fair Mo, a traditional Christmas gift fair at St Ia’s Church.
- Drop into the Kidz R Us Bazaar in the St Ives Theatre for Christmas shopping and a preview of their pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Pop into the Etsy Made Local Christmas Fair at the Guildhall with live music and festive food and drink.
Parade and Lights turn on from 6pm
St Ives Lantern Parade will wend its way through town at 6pm, starting from Market Square. Led by the Samba Band. The parade will head along Fore Street, then down the Slipway onto the Wharf to the Salvation Army Centre to collect Father Christmas. He will then lead the parade, accompanied by musicians and street entertainers, up to Market Square, High Street and Tregenna Place into Royal Square. The Pheonix Singers will be there to serenade the crowds with carols and festive songs, followed by the official Christmas Lights Switch-on by Father Christmas and the Deputy Mayor at 7pm.